What Is MEPAP
The Modular Education Program for Activity Professionals (MEPAP) is the proprietary, evidence-based Core Curriculum required to earn certification with the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals (NCCAP). The MEPAP is structured as a two-part program involving a total of 180 hours of educational learning and 180 hours of experiential learning that includes practicum work. Each part consists of 90 hours of coursework and 90 hours of practicum assignments.
MEPAP Part 1
Description: Core Content 1-11 prepares students for the essential functions and duties of an Activity Professional: to design, deliver, and evaluate activity services for older adults across the continuum of care.
New Dates Coming Soon - Contact us for more information
MEPAP Part 2
Description: Core Content 12-20 prepares students to apply principles of management in their role as an Activity Professional: to provide service through leadership, advocacy, using principles of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling.
May 2021 Start Date: Face-to-Face
Sessions: Thursdays 4-7 PM PST
Start Date: May 3, 2021
End Date: November 2021
Registration Deadline: May 3, 2021
· Courses are presented in an online face to face video chat format.
· The learning platform used for our courses is Moodle, along with Zoom, and access is included as part of the course tuition.
· Each course consists of 90 online face to face video instruction hours and 90 hours of self-guided practicum assignments.
· Each course consists of 30 learning sessions that are held weekly. These sessions are broken up into 3 learning blocks.
· Practicum assignments are assigned weekly and must be turned in before a student receives their certification.
· As part of the course tuition, each student receives a study guide. The study guide will be sent to each student after their payment is processed
· To be successful in any of our courses, students should have regular access to a computer that has both a webcam and a microphone and access to a reliable internet connection.
Anita Dunlap ACC - Approved MEPAP Instructor
Mikel Ann Robinson CTRS - Guest Instructor